[VBbuilders] Google Voice discovered allowing pure VoIP calls???

Robert Steele robert.david.steele.vivas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:47:34 CET 2011

There is profit (and I confess to being impressed by your balanced comment)
and there is deception.  Google claims that it owns all "dead souls" books
that it has digitized and for which there is no claimant...that normally
goes into public domain.  google was kicked out of Boston by the libraries
when it tried to assert a claim to ownership of anything it digitized.
bottom line is that the google mind-set and culture are not favorable to the
public interest, in my estimation.  they have programmable search engines
that go beyond advertising to now manipulate search results so you only see
what someone has paid for you to see.  I know you have The Google Trilogy
mentioned on P2P, I received courtesy copies since Steve Arnold the author
has been my virtual CTO for over a decade, Google is the opposite of the
autonomous internet.

As for scalability, energy and third party are the blockages.  The data
centers are --  I speculate not being a technical person, based on bits here
and there -- coming to an end in terms of energy affordability.  This is why
I am so interested in Chile as a possible first country to actually offer up
free unlimited energy as a regional and cloud jump starter.

Google only makes one dollar for every x millions in shareholder fantasy
cash they spend--I forget the exact amount, but Google has benefitted
enormously from the enthusiasm of the public for its message, no one seems
to be troubled as I am that after all these years Google is still not
connecting dot to dots, dots to people, and people to people--it is a dumb
service, not a smart sense-making environment.

With warm regards,
Robert