[VBbuilders] Google Voice discovered allowing pure VoIP calls???

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 06:09:57 CET 2011

I remain unconvinced of a consumers-only ownership modality, again, all
stakeholders should have a stake, all peers, not just consuming peers

there is an interesting proposal, called 'liberal communism', which sees
society as consisting of enterprises that are co-owned by their workers
(49.9%) and their clients (50.1); that would pass my ethical test,

since this is an ethical and principled issue, no functional explanation can
convince me, it's really on the level of human rights or say, the abolition
of slavery,

that does not mean I impunge your motives, or that your proposal is not
functionally sound,

outside of coercion though, even if you are successfull, it will just be one
of the options people can choose, and that it how it should be,

if this type of consumer coop turns out to be successfull, more people would
choose it (of course, this can only happen in a truly free society, so this
is quite hypothetical, and political transformations will be needed before
such type of free experimentation can occur)

Michel