[VBbuilders] ***SPAM*** Re: From the Global Village to Glocal Villages

Giuseppe Silvi giuseppesilvi at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 9 10:04:50 CET 2010

Markus and Phil, many thanks for your feed back.

During this week end I'll continue my web research taking into account your suggestions and contributions.

In the meantime I flag you two old articles in which I tried to outline a  possible "social glocal transformation" through a facilitator tool such as could be the renaissance of the "piazza" in the digital age as an "urban public space" where to share knowledge face to face and at distance and to share at the same time many other facilities .
Ref. to the article on wikipedia for the story and recent updatings on this initiative:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_telematica , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_Telematica.

1)
A Village for every era …. From the Global Village to Glocal Villages  (December 1999)
The era of generative tech-nets:  bit watt -.- and complexity
http://www.piazzetelematiche.it/1994-2005/doc_e_genart.html
2)
A GLOCAL Bridge for Italy made up of 8,100 telematic piazzas, one for each of the 8,100 Italian municipalities (November 2001)
http://www.piazzetelematiche.it/1994-2005/doc_ponteglo-eng..htm

A good week end to everyone.

Giuseppe

http://www.youtube.com/user/bitwatt
http://stage.spaziopubblico.it/wiki/GJ/HP/01  (beta version)

NOTE
I met Franz in 1996 for the first time at HABITAT II in Instanbul and I met him again virtually after  almost 10 years thanks to this link http://www.globalvillages.info/wiki.cgi?FranzNahrada and you can read about it here : http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?PiazzaTelematica

The leaflet (printed in 10.000 copies)  that supported me in entering in contact with Franz at HABITAT II can be seen at this link:
A PROPOSAL FOR THE QUALITY OF LIVING ENVIRONMENTS, NEW JOBS AND TELEMATIC INDUSTRY (HABITAT II, 1996)
http://www.piazzetelematiche.it/1994-2005/Istanbul.pdf

..... from 1996 (at the dawn of the web 1.0) to 2005 (at the dawn of the web 2.0) to 2010 (at the dawn of  ?  )

Franz,  many many thanks for the organization of the GRUNDTVIG WORKSHOP !