[VBbuilders] Why and how work together?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:38:03 CEST 2010

I'm equally unsure that attacking people in person who have put much effort
in building a broader global movement (franz, sam, alex) is really helpful,
and also, I think human ego precludes everybody following the same movement,
whether it is andrius' or p2p-f or whatever,

so it is looking for commonalities in our approaches, looking for common
needs, and technology proceeds from that, not the other way around,

each of our approaches appeals to different personalities and segments of
people, though of course, historical events and sudden scale-explosion of a
particular initiative, will eventually coalesce forces into particular
social organisations, but p2p, broadly considered, is still too emergent and
ahead of its time to achieve such scale.

So where we are is with this flourishing of myriad initiatives, each trying
to re-invent the wheel and duplicating efforts,

BUT, we can use each other's differential strengths to rally around certain
initiatives for certain goals, and around others for other goals,

people who are spiritually inclined would join andrius, those interested in
building a knowledge commons would rally around the p2p-foundation (if I had
my wish <g>), and those with tech-platform ideas around sam's forward
foundation,

at this stage, this is unavoidable,

Michel