[VBbuilders] Tools and Techniques

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Mon Oct 4 17:42:53 CEST 2010

Hello Steve, everyone!

I agree it would be good to start a comparative Matrix of Tools and In
would be honored if we can do it on Dorfwiki.

I think we could cover several categories of products in One Matrix

* Video Dialogue
* Visual Support for Collaborative Work on PCs
* Mass Streaming tools with Chat
* High Level Videobridging Environments to reach diverse targets (groups
in a room with projection,  TVs at home)

For the first step we might look whats out there

I did some first look around
http://www.megameeting.com/web-conferencing-chart.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_conferencing_software
http://www.ucop.edu/irc/services/documents/conftools_compchrt.pdf
(facility specific with few option, but very infomative)

but the absolute winner is our friend Robin Good in Rome

http://www.masternewmedia.org/best-video-conferencing-tools-free-low-cost-one-to-one-and-multi-party-solutions-mini-guide/

I think that we should co-operate with him and work from this base

Franz