[VBbuilders] alternatives to delicious

Mark Petz ravenwyn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 02:15:08 CET 2010

https://docs0.google.com/document/d/1MYxd_PAR1KXj39Xc2lSfKNZXFq5R2q_5g_9W2Egyibo/preview?hl=en&authkey=CO2NqaAL&pli=1&sle=true#

and what yahoo claims:

http://blog.delicious.com/

delicious blog <http://blog.delicious.com/index.htm>

Dec 17 2010
What’s Next for Delicious? <http://blog.delicious.com/index.htm>

Many of you have read the news stories about Delicious that began appearing
yesterday. We’re genuinely sorry to have these stories appear with so little
context for our loyal users. While we can’t answer each of your questions
individually, we wanted to address what we can at this stage and we promise
to keep you posted as future plans get finalized.

*Is Delicious being shut down? And should I be worried about my data?*

- No, we are not shutting down Delicious. While we have determined that
there is not a strategic fit at Yahoo!, we believe there is a ideal home for
Delicious outside of the company where it can be resourced to the level
where it can be competitive.

*What is Yahoo! going to do with Delicious?
*

- We’re actively thinking about the future of Delicious and we believe there
is a home outside the company that would make more sense for the service and
our users. We’re in the process of exploring a variety of options and
talking to companies right now. And we’ll share our plans with you as soon
as we can.

*What if I want to get my bookmarks out of Delicious right away?
*

- As noted above, there’s no reason to panic. We are maintaining Delicious
and encourage you to keep using it. That said, we have export options if you
so choose. Additionally, many services provide the ability to import
Delicious links and tags.

We can only imagine how upsetting the news coverage over the past 24 hours
has been to many of you. Speaking for our team, we were very disappointed by
the way that this appeared in the press. We’ll let you know more as things
develop.

   - delicious <http://delicious.com/>
   - about <http://delicious.com/about>
   - blog