[VBbuilders] Tools and Techniques (Annette)

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Tue Oct 5 21:00:28 CEST 2010

"Thompson, Steve" <S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk> schreibt:

>Franz if you want to keep traffic low for those perhaps not so interested
>shall we perhaps have a google list for those wishing to actively take
>part and report back to the main list now and then. Write up and findings
>go on the Wiki.

As long as people are not actively protesting, we could try to go on.
Maybe a prefix in the subject header would do.

>>>I use Skype desktop sharing on my ordinary Windows, no problem; but as
>on any operating system only between two particiapants, in a bilateral
 (Annette)

>Good example  to have email discussion as well as wiki data. This
>corrects the info on the wiki
  (Steve)

yes. Please mind that the new beta Version of Skype on Windows is breaking
exactly that barrier.

-----

Giuseppe: Thanks for alerting us to GLOBAL. I cannot believe what I see,
I was part of the early beginnings of Center for Social Innovation here in
Vienna in the Nineties.

http://www.global-project.eu/

I will talk to them to see if we can join forces and use the
infrastructure.

Normally I am quite sceptical if our home-brew tools and infrastructures
meet our requirements.
But this feels very promising. Especially the GPL - afero license is a
good thing!

I joined there and created a group:
http://globalplaza.org/p#url=/spaces/videobridge

lets test it! They even come with a mailing list.

Franz