[VBbuilders] Tools and Techniques (Mark)

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Tue Oct 5 17:49:29 CEST 2010

"Thompson, Steve" <S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk> schreibt:
>Just looking at the Wiki Franz
>
>does Skype only do desktop Sharing on the Mac? - (I have a Windows and a
>Linux partition on my mac now.)

I just copied the information over, have no idea.

Please also talk to these guys:
http://transitioninaction.com/group/skypeusergroup

Les Squires is extremely Skype Savvy - he calls himself "the Pied Skyper"

we are working side by side to spread the Transition Movement online.

>Maybe our first tool for testing should be skype since it’s almost
>ubiquitous. What are it’s limitations and what can be done.

OK, but I think this research mainly has to happen *off - list* because
traffic is already very high.

It would be good to issue invitations to dedicated "field trials" here.

Results then can be noted in the Wiki, even on subpages (thats what
fractal wikis are for)

like: http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/Tools/Skype/TrialLog
(or similar)

and you could regularly report here and motivate people to pitch in.

iMPORTANT: Remember Sasha Mrkailo from Serbia did a lot of research for
us:  http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/MyVideoStory

(Impressive Number of Subpages - good use of Vida table - waste of Wiki
space because it would be good to use those subpages for reflection and
own ideas)

Thats mostly Skype usages - If we had thoroughly looked through them and
made proper use of the material we would have spent the whole workshop
week with them ;-) - this is material still waiting for evaluation and
application. We could have identified patterns here. To hell with my
overambitious planning resulting the group now being so worn out and
dispersed.

Franz