[VBbuilders] Get On Line Day Blogcast

Thompson, Steve S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 13:13:30 CET 2010

Hello All,

The Blogcast day from Destinations was a terrific success. It all remains available to "watch again" at http://destinations.uk.com/gold/broadcast/ - the walk along Skinningrove Jetty is there to be viewed.

I have some ideas for improvement when we do it again. Yes we WILL do it again. Unfortunately some of the planned participation from Europe did not happen for various reasons but I caught a message from Julija just in time and Lithuania is included.  We have some more events coming up in the Summer that we could involve Europe in so let me know if you're interested. I'm thinking particularly cultural exchanges. With more time to plan things can be better and I'd do things differently next time. FWIW, I'm sceptical of the "back channel" - I'd like to see all activity out front were everyone can see and participate. To better organise these events I'll probably set up specific email lists for each one.

At present the site shows 1930 visitors, yesterday it showed1600 so folks are still visiting - I attach a stats map showing where they came from

Cheers,

Steve T

Steve Thompson
Community Media Manager