[VBbuilders] Get Online Day

Thompson, Steve S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk
Sat Feb 13 11:15:15 CET 2010

Hello All,

4th March is Get Online Day. http://www.telecentre-europe.org/index.php

The centre I work out of in Saltburn is a UK Online centre associated with this. http://www.destinations.uk.com/

I want to do something on that day connecting across Europe. This could be a range of things not just video bridging but perhaps cultural exchanges, pictures, stories, recipes, music, video etc. I'm still mulling over the mechanisms but it could also be an online quiz or two. I have a group who would like to challenge Julijas group but I'll contact Julija direct about that. I'd like to get a link between Uzupis and Carlin How where we plan to establish the Embassy but perhaps also Stockton Cultural Quarter where I've also initiated a Digital Village. And perhaps by then we may have another film for you "The Making of the Force is With You" but no promises. Just some scattershot ideas - ill formed at present. I think I have an idea how we could also arrange a virtual visit to the reall Jetty, again no promises but an idea.

ST

Steve Thompson
Community Media Manager
Institute of Digital Innovation