[VBbuilders] Copy of the NING group newsletter

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Wed Feb 3 08:17:49 CET 2010

This is what you call a veritable crosspost, which means that most of you
will already have received this message if you are on the NING. I just
want to make sure that everyone who is in this mailinglist is also on the
NING and vice versa. So I will do this only once; you will get the regular
summary message monthly only  if you are also  subscribed on the NING -
which is painless because you will not be flooded with information that
you do not want.

This mailinglist however is for your personal broadcasts, things that you
consider urgent and want or need to tell the whole group.
Nobody is oblidged or supposed to read the NING all the time, so even if
you start something really important on the NING or in the wiki, you
advertise it here in the mailinglist and draw the groups attention to it.
use it responsibly so it does not feel like flooding.

The NING is very very good in personal messaging!

The NING  broadcast message to all members should then be only a monthly
newsletter summarizing everything.

Franz

[ http://videobridge.ning.com/ ]Video Bridge
interactive group communication possibilites
A message to all members of Video Bridge

Dear all,

Our videobridge builders community is nicely growing day by day, and it
seems that the seed that was laid in the ground in Vienna is fertile. Its
good to have a community of people that have personally met at the core of
a virtual community, and from now on the NING will become our main venue
to meet and share (as the Wiki will be our main venue for publishing to
the wider world).

If you have not done yet, please browse through the diary of our workshop
and also through some of the participants pages to see the amount of work
done and things learned: of course we are just in the beginning of editing.

[ http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Diary
]http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Diary

[
http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/MarinaKollatou

http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/JakubStaniewicz

http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/MatzLindberg
]http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/MatzLindberg

[
http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/AndriusKulikauskas
]http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/GrundtvigWorkshop/Participants/AndriusKulikauskas

We will have more interviews and we hope to collect more material in the
coming days.

Make sure you also are subscribed to our mailing list: you can subscribe
and browse through the archives here:

Use the mailinglist only for broadcasting, not for bilateral dialogue; but
dont be shy to broadcast a bilateral dialogue that has become interesting
to the whole group.

As discussed in Vienna, we need a maintainer for this NING, whose main
agenda would be the spurring of dialogue, the summarizing of the important
bits, the constant information of participants in newsletters like this.
We need this condensation because we are already a big group. Markus had
the intention to do it temporarily but find a more permanent person for
the job.

We must expand and focus our activities as well on the theoretical as on
the practical side; I found both needs present in the Skype discussions I
had last night.

We must think about founding groups in this NING that discuss and develop
special topics, like the development and application of filmmaking skills
in Videobridging, the recording and postproduction world, the possible
contents that we are going to share meaningfully and of course the
preparation of the summer meeting. And of course also I would like to see
a PatternWatch group bringing our findings and discoverings to a
theoretical level. [Patterns are nothing else than elements in our reality
designed for fruitful and meaningful interplay, the details that bring
life to the larger picture].

So if you want to start a group think twice if its small or big enough and
well defined in our framework and then: just do it! I just added the
"Group" feature at the most prominent place of the main page.

Happy Videobridging!

Franz