[VBbuilders] [p2p-research] [globalvillages] Ning eliminates free networks

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:31:15 CEST 2010

I'm personally a least effort guy, but that mostly because I'm overextended
myself,

the first thing is asking ourselves, but what it is for?

as i said, the social features and threading were the added value, but
otherwise, the Ning site underperformed, and I was the only one taking care
of admin tasks (but thanks to sepp especially for his forum articles which
attracteda lot of discussion)

personally, I won't necessarily miss Ning that much, but of course, would be
happy for others to really build the p2p foundation as a movement,

this is what is appealing in alex' proposals, to devise a 3-year strategy
for movement building and funding,

I'm of course really for it, but it is beyond my individual effort,

what I'm doing with Sam, through civicCRM is devising a mailing list of our
sympathizers, for some more specialized outreach purposes

Michel